CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

A New Perspective

On hurricanes. Having grown up on the coast, I'm really used to these storms (as much as one can be). But last week, I saw them from a new light - living inland. Most of what I encountered living on the coast had the storms coming on land very quickly and all effects gone within 36 hours. However, last week when Gustav came through, we had wind, rain and clouds for three days while it passed. Boy was that strange and different. And now Ike is coming this way and they think it will be pretty heavy even all the way up in the Dallas area. On top of that, back home is getting flooded from waves! (See link) I knew that hurricanes could create waves a good distance away, but for it to be heading to Texas and creating waves in Florida is pretty interesting to me.

http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080911/NEWS01/80910013&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

0 comments: