CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Dream Beginning to be Realized


This weekend, we went to my in-laws country house and really enjoyed some time with them. We also went over to the neighbor's with the horses. All five mares gave birth this past Spring, so they haven't been really ridden in a while. So C was walking T when we got there. She got off and asked me if I'd like to get on. While not really knowing what to do, I jumped at the chance with a resounding YES! C kept hold of the reigns while I pulled myself up with no help - wow didn't know I had that kind of strength : ) - and then she walked T around the small area we were in. All T wanted to do was eat, but it was great being up there and getting used to the feel of being on a horse. We hope to be able to go back regularly this fall, and if we do I'm going to help C walk out the rest of the mom's to get them used to being ridden again. I can't wait!!! : )

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like fun cowgirl!

Anonymous said...

It looks you had a wonderful time. I hope you continue working with horses.