CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 23, 2007

SeaWorld and Birthday

Oh, what a good trip! But it had it's rough spots. First, what is normally a five-hour trip turned into seven-and-a-half due to rain. We hit it about an hour north of Austin and it just slowed us down. We made it to our hotel, which was beautiful!, dropped our stuff off at our room and headed back out to SeaWorld. It was still raining, so when we got there, we checked to see what was going on with Dinner with Shamu. It was cancelled and our money was refunded. But we were allowed to go into the park and have a little dinner and then go see the Shamu Rocks Texas show. Squirt loved it! He fell in love with Shamu. After the show, we talked to a trainer for a few minutes and then we went back to our hotel. Even with all the rain, it was a great birthday for me since I was able to watch my Squirt see whales for the first time. : )
Saturday started out rushed as we all slept late because Squirt caught a cold in the rain the night before. But we got to SeaWorld on time for our breakfast with the sharks and he was a trooper all day. We ate and then got our fish to go feed the dolphins with. Squirt and I fed the dolphins while Techie held him. Then for the first time since my first visit to SeaWorld a long time ago, I finally got to touch a dolphin!!!! It was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had! : ) Squirt did not want to touch them as they were over 6 feet long and I think he was a little scared. So after that, Squirt wanted to see the whales again, so we went to go see the Believe show. It was pretty moving. But I do have to wonder what the director of that show would say if I were to write a letter saying that sometimes physical limitations keep you from pursuing your dreams, i.e. the other one that I had to be a SeaWorld trainer before finding out I couldn't. (At least I'm living my dream to be a wife and mother. :) )
We saw the acrobat/aquatic show, had lunch and then went to see the sea lions. After that, we saw part of a "critter" show, but we had all lost steam and decided to go ahead and go back to the hotel.
We rested there for a little bit and then went to dinner at a German diner just off the Riverwalk. Squirt loved the Riverwalk as well. He wanted to ride in the boat, but we thought it might be too much and overwhelming in all that Squirt had already encountered for the weekend.
We went back to our room, rented a movie and went to bed. We slept in the next morning. I asked Squirt if he wanted breakfast in bed and his reply was, "Silly Mommy, we can't eat in the bed. We have to eat at the table." That was great! So we ordered room service, had breakfast in bed and got ready to go. Our trip back took the amount of time it should have and picked up Button and came home. She was glad to see us. : )
All in all, it was a great weekend. The only that could have made it better would have been for Button to be with me on my birthday, but it just would have been too much for her. I loved the voice mails that my mom and Hopping with Joy friend left me, the e-mail AE sent me, and the phone call with my sister on my birthday. Love you guys. : )
And Techie, thanks for making it a great day and weekend. I love you with all my heart, and am so grateful that God put you in my life.

0 comments: