CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

25 Years of Waiting Over

Well, I am finally remembering to blog this, and after getting the doc to prescribe some anti-nausea medicine, I'm finally able to be upright long enough to post. I have been so dizzy since the surgery that I actually got sick, so we talked to the doc about what to do and now I'm feeling much better!
Okay, now for what this post is about. When i was 13, I fell in love with The Police and Sting. I plastered my walls with posters of them and him, and played their music so much that I drove everyone crazy. I was such a fanatic about their music that to this day, my sister won't listen to them! Anyone who knew about me, knew i loved The Police. Yes, they became my god for a couple of years, but God pulled me back out of it and now they're just a group that i still really enjoy listening to.
Anyhow, The Police played in New Orleans when I was 13, and for "some" reason my mom wouldn't let me go - imagine that! I understand now why she did. : ) As you can imagine, it was so disappointing when they broke up just a couple of years later and by the time I was able to go to a concert, they were no longer together.
Then they had the reunion tour last year and we tried to get tickets, but couldn't. So when they went on sale earlier this year for another drop in our city, we decided to let that be my Mother's Day and birthday present this year.
And boy, was it fun. We dropped the kids off at mil's and then went to dinner before heading to the concert center. We got there early of course, and Techie had already said i could buy a t-shirt, so we found one that I like and went to sit on the lawn section of the center. We got a good view of the stage and enjoyed talking and just being with each other.
The opening act did their thing with Sting coming out to do a duet. He looked like a fisherman in a Gilligan's hat, cut-off-sleaves t-shirt and pants. : ) Then after a short break, The Police came out to everyone being on their feet - even Techie and me. It was an awesome concert!!! They played their most popular songs, including my favorites. There were two songs that I would have like to hear, but oh well... We stood up most of the time, dancing the best we could - which says a lot since neither of us know how! : ) The group played for about 2 to 2-1/2 hours and it was so cool! I loved the experience so much that we decided to go back and get a second t-shirt. : )
How great that God let me go! It was a blast!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

SO very glad you got to see them! Rock on!

emmasmomma said...

Yea for you!!!