Wow! What a great weekend last weekend! Two girlfriends and I went to a B&B that specializes in scrapbooking retreats. They have great little rooms set up for sleeping, cater in the meals and have a wonderful, comfortable work space for about 15-16 people. Plus there are snacks (not good with my WW stuff, but...) and a fully stocked refrigerator. There was also a coffee maker for coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea. The lady who runs this place thought of everything!
So the evening we got there, we had a highlight. : ) The neighbors have a large pen in the front yard with goats, chickens, etc. There is a narrow path that goes in-between the pen and the bushes that are in front of the house. So one of the baby goats got his head stuck in the fence and we went over to try to get it out. Elisa tried, but to no avail. So we thought we'd just go knock on the neighbor's door and let them know. Lisa was on one side of Elisa and I was on the other - the one closest to be the leader. There was one small problem... There was a rooster on the path. I didn't think it'd be a problem to kind of just nudge the rooster out of the way, and with the encouragement of my friends, I walked toward it. Boy was I wrong! The rooster flared it's wings and rose up into the air just high enough to grab onto my leg right around my knee.Talk about startled! We all backed away and the rooster went the other way - guess he just wanted to show us who was boss...
So Elisa tried again with the goat and was able to set him free. We all laughed as we went into the house, but when I checked my leg I had three awful bruises (see pic)! I am so glad the thing didn't break the skin or anything.
So anyway, we set to work and when dinner was ready, this really nice young woman came down to the workroom and announced that dinner was ready. She did this for every meal and oh my goodness can she make good food! We had beef taco salad with chicken quesadillas, pancakes with scrambled eggs and sausage, summer salad with strawberries, turkey and Swiss paninis, Italian salad, chicken Alfredo, bananas foster, fruit crepes with scrambled eggs and Canadian bacon. Wow! It was awesome!
Of course, we stayed up late and got up relatively early, so no catching up on sleep. But without having to listen for the kids, I slept so well!!! And I got 98 (front and back) pages done! I have learned that cropping all my pics ahead of time or just doing that at a retreat lets me get a whole lot more done for actually putting things on pages. I don't do a lot of frills, so I don't have to spend too much time on each page.
It was great to have the time away from my kiddos, but I was glad to get home. I was able to spend a little time with my hubby before the kid's grandparents brought them home. Looking forward to the next retreat!
3 comments:
So sorry I got you attacked!!!!
Your poor leg!
Ugh! It looks worse in the picture than I had remembered! What a rotten Rooster! Who was it that encouraged you to go that way? (ha ha) :-)
Post a Comment