God has blessed me with some incredible friends! Yesterday, I had yet another ear surgery scheduled. From what the doctor said, it would only be about an hour and I would have a local. To me that meant a shot and it would be two hours tops. Why I thought digging into my middle ear would be that short and easy, I don't know. Afterall, the first three surgeries were four to nine hours long, depending on what had to be done. My mom and sister offered to come out, but with what I was thinking would happen, I told them not to worry about it.
So, was I surprised when the nurse called me on Tuesday to tell me that the anesthesiologist would be calling me later... What? I'm going to have to be put under? Yes... So Techie and I talked and the best we could come up with was for him to drop me off, deal with the kiddos and have a friend come over to be with the kids while he came back to pick me up after surgery was over. I called my friend Steph, and she kind of freaked out {: )} over Techie not being there during the surgery in the event that something happened.
So, she took charge and called our friend Lisa to take Button while Steph took Squirt and her little girl Bean to the museum with their playgroup.
Boy am I grateful that they did that for us! Turned out the surgery was more in-depth than the doctor thought it would be. What sounded like a simple connector to make my artificial hearing bone work with the ear drum was actually the artificial hearing bone that had to be repaired. The artificial hearing bone had eroded, but in addition to that, the u-shaped bone that it was attached to was eroding too. He had to break that off, and then rebuild everything on the foot plate. So because of the delicacy of it all, I had to stay in bed for four hours once the surgery was done.
And talk about odd when one is under local anesthesia and having a buzz saw going off in their head. Not literally, but that sure is what it sounded like. I was actually awake, without pain of course, for part of the surgery and I heard him doing all this in my ear! Wow!!! I am very impressed with this man to be able to do all that. What an absolutely incredible gift God has given him - and he acknowledges that, which is cool too.
So anyway, it turned out to be about ten hours that my friends had my children and I'm so grateful to them for pinch-hitting for me! We had another offer to help, but the day didn't play out for her to be able to, but I'm so glad she was willing. God has blessed me with some really great people in my life! Thank you!!!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
My Friends Rock!
Posted by Cindi at 11:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment