Well, it's been clear for some time that Button wants a big-girl bed but while we didn't know the exact price, we knew they're expensive so we've just been putting it off until Techie got through his freelancing. And in stepped God. : ) Even though Techie isn't part of the union at his company, his position is a union position, and last week he got a bonus because the contract was renewed! Woo-hoo! In the meantime, Squirt decided that he needed a Lightning McQueen bed. So we went looking for beds over the weekend and found a Lightning bed for... $280.00! Not going there. Then the other cool thing happened: Squirt and I were in Wal-Mart today looking at beds and there was a Dora one on clearance for $75! So I asked if there was any chance that we'd find a Lightning bed at one of the other Wal-Marts and the lady said no, as they were being discontinued and that's why they were on clearance. So I talked with Squirt and gave him the options: he could keep what he has and go with Lightning or Thomas Train bedding, choose the Mickey Mouse bed, or the Diego bed. I guess since Button was getting a new bed, he decided he had to have one too, so he opted for the Diego bed. God is so good!!! And my kiddos are so excited!
Not sure what we'll do with the extra bed yet. It will also be interesting to see how tonight will go with Button's first night in a big-girl bed. I'll keep ya' posted! : )
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Do-do-Dora and Go Diego Go!
Posted by Cindi at 3:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment