CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

THE Bug

Well, it's hit my house. Yep, Button has the flu. And she's cranky. And she didn't sleep well last night. So neither did I. And on top of that, Squirt woke up at 1:00 a.m. to tell me he had to go to the bathroom... Ugh.

Anyway, off to the doc we went this morning to find out Button has the flu. I learned that it manifests itself in two ways: congestion with clear or slightly yellow stuff, not sleeping and of course crankiness. The other way is vomiting and diarrhea. Of course, my child is different but then Mommy wasn't thinking. I gave her rice milk when she woke up from her nap without thinking about what it would do to her tummy and she threw up. But fortunately, it's been the only time.

I was shocked though when I went to the pharmacy. The med for the flu, Tamiflu, is $37 after insurance coverage. Whoa! But hey, 5 days of dealing with this, as opposed to 10 is worth it for me. It means that Button will get better quicker. She'll be perky again sooner and I'll be getting rest again (i.e. no grumpy Mommy)!

In addition to her, Techie is feeling quite miserable, but has to go to work anyway... So our prayers are that we'll all be well and rested soon!

1 comments:

emmasmomma said...

We are praying for you guys!