CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I Wanna Be a Cowboy....

This past weekend, the kids and I went to my in-laws country house after a birthday party Saturday morning (they had a blast there!). Techie was doing sound for our church for D-Now weekend and I didn't want to be holed up at home with the kids all by myself. So we spent time with their grandparents Saturday evening and went to bed early. I would have gotten a good night sleep, but my in-laws just had carpet laid down so Button and I spent a lot of the night coughing. Guess we're allergic to the combo of new carpet and dryness.

Anyway, the next day we just hung out with each other and had lunch, but then Papa (my father-in-law's name from the kids), Squirt and I went over to the neighbors house who have the horses. Nana and Button stayed behind so that Button could get a nap. So once we got into the drive way of the neighbor's place, I went over to the fence where the three young horses are kept. I petted Friday, Deuce and Trey. And then without me really noticing, Squirt came over and petted Trey! He's been so stand-offish and scared to get near the horses and he just let it go and touched her! So then we went with Ms. C to the field with the five pregnant mares and he petted Pandora! Wow!!!!! So Ms. C put him on her back. I took a couple of pictures and then the dominant female came over so Pandora started moving. Squirt was alarmed, but he laid down on her on neck and grabbed on! What instinct! So when all the mama's got a little ancy, we left the field and went back over the three young ones. Ms. C got a pic of Squirt on Friday's back and being nuzzled by Trey! What a great day!!!

And my girl remembered me - Deuce (it's been two months since we've been able to get out there). She and I fell in love from the beginning and I would buy her if I could afford her and rent, feed, etc. but we just don't have that kind of money right now. But it was really great to just love on her and be loved back. I didn't get on her back as she's not used to the saddle yet (she's only 2-1/2) and I am not sure if I could get on a horse bareback yet.

What a terrific day!! I'm so thrilled that my little guy (and hopefully me too!) will be riding soon. : )

1 comments:

emmasmomma said...

Yea for Squirt!!! Sounds like ya'll had a good time.