CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Technology or No Technology with a Little Lost

There's this new show out called Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, based on the Terminator movies. Yes, I am a sci-fi fan... I loved the first two and thought the combination of Arnold and Linda Hamilton made a really great movie. I was not crazy about the third one at all and didn't like that they wrote Linda out.

That said it does allow for a great storyline for the show for what happened between 2 & 3. So it got me thinking... Star Trek technology is great - exploring deep space, automatic doors, helpful and talking computers, etc. But Terminator shows the negative side of technology - computers taking over and annihilating us.

The show this week showed a very interesting premise: Can a thinking computer that's been programmed to do one thing - protect humans from being obliterated, specifically the leader of the group of humans fighting the machines - lie? It will be interesting to see how they play this out.

And as for my other fave show: Lost. I'm just so confused!! How does Ben get off the island and what in the world is Sayid protecting the Oceanic Six from (which I guess is what Jack didn't want Hugo to talk about)??? Just when I think we might get some kind of answer, they bring in at least ten more questions.... Oh well - maybe one day we'll all know. And I hope it's not simple or dumb. : )

0 comments: