Well, this morning we were sitting in the living room minding our business when one of the stray cats that occasionally comes to eat showed up. And at first, I didn't think anything of it, until I saw this little black fur ball walking next to her. I then looked at the cat bowl to find a gray, honey-colored kitten eating! So I went and got some more food and fresh water for them. When I went out, I scared the kitten that was eating (mom and the other kitten were still on the other side of the porch) and it went under some boards we have sitting beside the house.
Well, I wanted to make sure that it was okay, so I moved some of the boards and found three more kittens! At that point, I didn't think I could put the boards back in such a way that wouldn't be dangerous to the kittens, so I started trying to get them out and over to mama kitty. I got bit pretty bad by one of them - which I doctored up - but it got out too. I couldn't tell where it went after it got out, but I think I saw it with mama kitty a little while later, so I think he's okay.
I doubt seriously that they'll come back to my yard (bummer!), but at least mama kitty is still coming around to eat.
Monday, October 20, 2008
New Kittens!
Posted by Cindi at 7:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment