CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Jesus and the Four-Year-Old

Yesterday, my little Squirt asked me about being with God and Jesus, and I talked to him about salvation, sin and what it means to believe Jesus and ask Jesus to come live in our heart. I could tell I was overdoing it and got simple: God wants to be with us; we're all sinners; Jesus died for our sins so we could be with God. All we have to do is believe that and ask Jesus to live in our heart.
His response: That's enough, Mom. Can we play smash cars?
Okay, so I'm thinking "I guess it's not getting totally through yet," so I just told him that when he was ready to pray, to let Mommy and Daddy know.
Less than five minutes later, he said he was ready. We called Daddy and after a few false starts of being a ham, I asked him if he wanted to pray to Jesus.
He prayed, "Thank You, Jesus, for paying for our sins. Amen."
I asked him if he wanted Jesus to live in our heart and he prayed, "Jesus, please come live in my heart. Amen."
Now, that may not seem real to some people, but it's real enough for me! He's shy about it, so I'm not pressing him - just praying for it to blossom. Please join me! : )

0 comments: