CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

One of Those Nights

So my son tells me Monday morning while I'm fixing breakfast he has to throw up, which he does. Fortunately I got him on his stool and at the sink in time. But he did this four times Monday.... So Techie took Button to school yesterday and I stayed home with Squirt. Techie went straight to bed when he got home, but Squirt and I just took it easy and let his little tummy get better. He was back in normal form by the time we picked Button up from school (who did not get a good nap yesterday afternoon), so we went to the gym as we usually do while Techie went to do sound for our church. Once I had worked out, as I was getting Squirt loading in the car seat, I asked him what he wanted for dinner. He didn't know. This should have been my first clue that I didn't need a Chick-Fil-A grilled chicken salad for dinner....
On the way there, less than five minutes into the drive, Button sacked out. Great... We finally got through traffic while I had everyone under the sun cut me off, got my dinner and Squirt finally told me that he wanted a PB&J. So we headed home. Once here, I put Button down to get dinner for the kids, only to have her start screaming her head off cause she was hungry. I finally got dinner together and we sat down to eat. Then my mom called. What I thought would be a two-minute conversation turned into 20 - which is okay. I don't get to talk to her all that often, but I was just sitting down to eat. And trying to eat salad while talking on the phone is impossible. : )
Meanwhile, the kids finished eating (Squirt did not eat his sandwich), so I cleaned them up and got them down from the table. Once I was done with talking with Mom, I went back to my dinner and moved to the couch. Button then decided that she wanted all my broccoli, while Squirt climbed up to the other end of the couch. He started playing with a pillow and while I was wiping Button's mouth, he picked up the pillow and slammed it down - into my salad.... So I then spent 20 minutes cleaning up my salad. And yes, I ate it anyway, lint and all because I was hungry.
After dinner, I gathered the trash together for trash day and moved it into my bathroom to clean the cat box later. Our room is gated off from the kids so that Button doesn't get into the cat box or eat the cat food, but while I was in there, I had to go potty. Less than two minutes, right? Two minutes of forever.
Button started screaming again and I heard Squirt started yelling that "She's under the gate!" over and over. I stopped what I was doing and went to find out what was happening, dirty hands and all.
What I saw when I got there... Button had climbed half-way up the gate and Squirt was sitting a little behind her by the couch screaming at the top of his lungs. I got her off the gate as best I could without touching her with my hands and held her to me. When she was calm, I went back and washed them - only to have her start screaming all over again.....
The rest of the night seemed very much of the same and this all may be TMI, but I just had to share. Life with toddlers is never boring, is it? : ) I'm already laughing about it, and I hope it makes you laugh too.

0 comments: