CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Horses

Well, before I get into that part of the story, let do a little catching up. My in-laws bought a place about 1-1/2 hours from here in the country to retire in once my MIL is no longer working. It's about 11 acres with probably half of still being very wooded and grown up. Well, as you can imagine, this has renewed Techie's desire to live in the country and we've gone there every other weekend since they bought the place. So we're actively doing what we can to get in a position to buy some land and move in about five years or so.
So now onto what's cool about all this for me. My in-law's neighbors have about 100 acres, and the lady of this couple is always looking for someone to ride horses with her. The first time I met her, she offered to teach me - something I've always wanted to do! So the second weekend we were there, she wasn't available, but her husband introduced us to all eight of their horses. What a treat!!! Pandora is the horse I will be learning on, as her nine-year-old grandson started on on her when he was two. Squirt is a little on the hesitant side, but as long as he was in Daddy's arms, he did okay. I think once he sees me, and then Daddy on Pandora, and he can ride with one of us, he'll be okay.
We're going down this weekend with our good friends, Roon, Steph and Bean, and I will have my first riding lesson then. Roon, Steph and Bean will also be able to meet the horses and if they want Bean to ride, I'm sure she will be able to. I'm so excited!!!! I can't wait to post about the experience! : )

0 comments: