CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

Potty Time!

I think we've hit a really cool milestone with Button! Yesterday, I thought she had a poopy diaper, so when I went to change her, she was upset because she was actually just getting ready to go. So since I had her there with her diaper off, I just set her on the potty. She cried for a couple of minutes, and I consoled her and reassured her that it was okay. Finally, she simply went! Yay!!! Of course, she got major treats and we called Daddy, Grandy and Nana. Then during quiet time, I heard her over the monitor saying, "Poopy, potty." Since we had made such a big deal earlier, I thought she was talking about it, but when I got her out of quiet time, I found out she actually had been telling me that she was poopy. So I need to be more aware of that so that this wasn't a one-time fluke and make potty-training take longer.
But then this morning, I got a great surprise that makes me think she just might be ready. Every morning, after I get her up, I take her straight to the bathroom to get her in the mindset for learning to go potty. Well, this morning her diaper was dry! And then while she was sitting on the potty and I was starting laundry, I heard her start tinkling on the potty!!! Yay!!!! And we made another big deal of this one as well. : )
I'm so excited to think my little girl might be ready to get out of diapers! Of course, I teared up at this milestone, but it's so great to see them growing up and learning how to be independent people!

0 comments: