CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New Resolutions

So my girlfriends in my Bible study group have asked me to keep my blog updated as part of my New Year Resolutions. So I'm going to do my best to do that. : ) Here are the rest:

No more road trips with my daughter until she's okay with being in the car for more than two hours. It took us eight hours to go just half-way to my parents. We stopped for the night and only Squirt slept.... Ran into totally stopped traffic just past Loretta Lynn's Dude Ranch the next day in the middle of TN. The winding backroads were a great roller coaster for my kids, but bothered my stomach something terrible. Our visit with my parents was great and we had a wonderful Christmas. It's just traveling with Button that's really hard.

Reading friends blogs more often. See below.

No more Alien movies. Loved the first two. Thought three was okay. Hated four. Predator was fine - I'm a big Arnold fan, but didn't like the second one. AVP was okay but left too many questions. So we had a weekend to ourselves and decided on the spur of the moment to go see a movie. AVP-R. I thought it would be cool to see if any the questions were answered. No. And it was awful. I should have read my friend's post - Life in the Mommy Lane - before going to see this one so that I would have known not to. The redeeming factor on this date night was that we went to see Enchanted and with the exception of "those bugs," it was a really cute movie.

Continue health check-ups with MD's. Techie and I had our skin checks last week. He has a freckle just above his left ear that I noticed had changed the last time he got his haircut. The doctor zoned in on it immediately when she saw it and biopsied it right then. Turns out to be just an abnormal looking freckle that's normal on the inside. Praise God!

Make sure to spend at least 20 minutes alone with each child and my hubby each day. The ped said that giving Squirt that kind of time each day, where it's his time to do whatever he wants to do with Mommy will cut down on the discipline problems we were having. I don't want my children to learn yelling and spanking, and that seemed to be all that Techie and I were doing with Squirt lately with his testing boundaries and acting up. Since we've implemented the alone time with him, we've seen marked improvement. So now I've figured that I need to do it with Techie and Button as well. I think it will prevent some negative behavior in Button in the future and will only enhance my relationship with Techie.

Be more timely in responding to e-mails OR just let people read my blog. I can't decide which is better here. I really have to get better at updating my blog before I can say that they can catch up with things there. But the blog isn't as personal as an e-mail and it certainly doesn't respond to things that friends e-mail me about themselves. So I'll probably continue to try to answer e-mail, as well as stay on top of keeping my blog updated. : )

Really get serious about the budget where eating out is concerned (we are doing much better!), get that 20% mortgage knocked out and maybe finally learn Hopping with Joy's crazy couponing. I just don't get it so far but I know it would help us so much if I could.

Work on clutter. I have this box of paperwork - recipes, sermon notes, etc. - that I want to add to my computer. I've been adding to the box for about 7 years now. I either need to throw away the box, or sit down and get busy...

Maintain my weight loss and tone up. I reached Lifetime status with Weight Watchers last week, so now I don't have to pay!! Yay!!!! Now I just need to tone up my problem areas and not get lazy. : )

And of course, spend time with God daily and make sure I go to bed on time and get enough sleep so that I can get up to spend time with God before I start my day. This of course is so much harder to do than all the others because it seems there's always something that needs to be done with Techie, the kids or around the house and I'm always tired from being up so late. Tonight is no exception....

So that's basically what's been going on here, via my resolutions. I hope you all are doing well and I'll do my best to get back here in the next couple of days, rather than months. : )

1 comments:

emmasmomma said...

Yea!!! I think those sounds like great goals!!