CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas Fun - Getting to Know You

I found this on my friend's blog and thought I'd join in. Here are my responses:

Christmas Fun
Welcome to the 2007 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! You know the drill. Don't be a scrooge! Fill it out, pass it on.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate, but I really prefer anything from Starbucks when it's cold. : )

2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrap

3. Colored or white lights?
Both

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Um, no

5. When do you put your decorations up?
It depends on how busy we are, but we try for the week after Thanksgiving. So far, we have not reached this goal....

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Toss up between my mom's famous cheesecake (her personal recipe) and my sister's sweet potato casserole. As long as I have both of these, I'm good.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Tough call. I would have to say all of those times that we spent at my grandparent's with the house filled with all of my mom's brothers and sisters and their spouses (8) and all my cousins (8 of us), and her aunt and uncle with all of his children (5). I still can't believe we all fit, but it was great!!!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I was about ten. Mom, sister and I were living in the shack of the family beachhouse over the winter due to financial issues and it just kind of came to me....

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Used to, but don't anymore.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
With everything we both have from our childhoods and anything we've collected since we got together....

11. Snow: Love it or hate it?
I don't know if I love it over Christmas, since I haven't seen it then, but I have liked what I have seen of it. : )

12. Can you ice skate?
I've never tried.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
As a child, Barbie's penthouse. Since Techie came into my life, each Christmas spent with him, and now that we have children, watching them open their presents.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Celebrating Jesus & being with loved ones!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Driving to see Christmas lights.

17. What is on top of your tree?
Um, the star died and the angel got smushed, so I'm not sure.

18. Which do you like best giving or receiving?
Both – but I love seeing the joy in people’s face when they open their gifts.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Really? Do I have to pick just one?

20. Do you like candy canes?
Sometimes.

21. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Um.... Well, they're not Christmas movies, but they came out at Christmas each year: The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I just love watching them with the sound cranked up, popcorn and hot chocolate and being snuggled under a blanket next to Techie. : )

0 comments: