Well, I'm finally getting around to blogging despite my children running around like crazy people, : ) and decided that thankfulness is never out of season, even if the holiday itself is over.
I am most thankful for God and His gift of Jesus. Without Him, I would not be able to become the person that I would rather be, nor would I have the blessings in my life that I have.
I am so thankful for my Techie. He is so generous, loving and a much better parent than I am. I would never have thought that I would end up with someone who actually helps me be a better person, rather than perpetuating the cycles of my family history. He helps even me out when I am letting my natural self get the better of me, whether it's in dealing with me, him or our children.
I am grateful for the wonderful gift of my children. Even though they're testing every limit right now at this point in their lives and I just may not have hair by the end of the year, I love being mommy to Squirt and Button.
I am thankful for my friends. I lost a friendship a couple of years ago and I realized the other day that I have great friends in all of my girlfriends and God has even put someone in my life recently that is showing me that it is okay to be open and genuine without having all the barriers that I put up when I lost the other friendship. Thank you so much, to all my girlfriends for being such great women!
I am grateful for my parents. I'm even grateful for my biological father, for he taught me that I don't want to be like him when it comes to dealing with my children. I am so grateful that God brought my dad (step) into my mom's life and that even though there were big obstacles and issues to deal with in blending two sets of children, both of my parents took it on. I could not have learned what a father is, what a true husband is, without my dad. I am so grateful for him. I am grateful for my mother as she didn't give up and fought in raising my sister and me - which I now realize was a hard task. She has helped me to see what being a wife and mother mean - and that it's easier with the right person. I love you both so much.
I am grateful for Techie's parents. They have loved me and helped us so much in the time that Techie and I have been together.
I am grateful for all of the blessings, both big and small - a home to live in, food on the table, a moment of silence in the constant noise that Squirt makes. : )
And I am grateful for worship music. It always helps me put things in perspective and not let stresses get the best of me.
Friday, November 30, 2007
Thankfulness - A Little Late But Here Nonetheless
Posted by Cindi at 2:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment