CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

He Did It!

She did it. I did it. Hooray! Lo Hocimos! Okay, yes I watch way too much Dora with my children, but it's that kind of excitement that I feel right now. : ) This is for three hoorays right now. As of tonight, Squirt has been potty-trained for two weeks - finally! He had everything down - #1 in the potty and sleeping through the night without a pull-up - except for #2 in the potty. Well, just over two weeks ago, we took away the pull-ups and he's been doing great ever since then! We had two accidents - he's still learning what it feels like to really have to do #2 vs. just having pressure due to needing to do #1, and I let him drink too much one night after dinner so he wet his bed. But all in all, it's been great and he's finally done!!! Yay!!!! and Praise God!
The second is that Button is finally off the bottle! She's still getting rocked at nap and bed times with a sippie cup, but at least it's not a bottle anymore. She still seems to need that cuddle time, especially with her tummy troubles, so I'm okay with giving that to her for a little while longer. I think she'll grow out of it when she's ready.
And finally, our outdoor kitties: Last fall we had a mama kitty and her four kittens show up in our front bushes trying to get out of the rain. I couldn't let them starve, so I started feeding them. After a couple of months, I moved the food to the back yard and mama disappeared. But the kittens stayed. And over the last two months, I have been doing what I can to be out there a little bit at a time when I feed them, even with cold weather, so they could get used to me. Squirt and I finally got them to smell our fingers (mine more than his because I'm quieter) and that was great progress. We've spent many hours at the backdoor talking with our outdoor kitties through the glass. After a long while of doing that, the dominant male finally let me pet him yesterday! And today he let me pet him a very long time and with more like what I do with our indoor kitties. He's still skittish about having the human touch, but he's getting there. He won't, however, let his brother get near me. It seems that I'm his, even though I take care of all of them. : ) I'm hoping that over time, I'll be able to pet the brother and the two sisters as well. We will see.
Progress is great!!!

0 comments: